Clear Intermediate Line

The low-down on lakes
DaveC
Choose the middle number: 1

Clear Intermediate Line

Postby DaveC » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:52 pm

Please let me know whether you have used a clear intermediate sink line for lake fishing. I'm especially interested in knowing whether the Cabelas Prestige Plus compares favorably (in terms of castability, invisibility, etc. with the clear intermediate lines made by Scientific Angers, Rio, Cortland, etc.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:12 pm

Say Hey Dave,
I use an clear intermediate RIO line. I love it. It casts easily, drops down in a controlled manner, and seems to handle all water temps well. I use it mostly for presenting damsel imitations and small fry. I also use it for scuds. Can't speak of the Cabelas SPAM because I haven't used it in the field. Perhaps someone else will chime in with actual fishing experience with the Prestige Plus ... not just how it casts at a show pool.
Cheers, Ken Hanley

flytyer

clear lines

Postby flytyer » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:36 am

I've been using the Cortland Cammo for a couple of years. I like it just fine for certain applications & while it's considered an intermediate, it sinks substantially faster than my Type I SA. As far as catch rates are concerned, I don't think there's a difference, it just performs differently and is the go to line when the fish are holding in 10-15'. You'll want to be sure to stretch the line before casting it, unless you enjoy untangling birds nests ;-). FTIR

Return to “Stillwater”