Sage 890-4 TCX, 3710-3 TXL and 590-4 ZXL rods for sale

Have some fly fishing gear you don't need any longer? Feel free to post it here!
rapido101
Antispam: No
Choose the middle number: 4

Sage 890-4 TCX, 3710-3 TXL and 590-4 ZXL rods for sale

Postby rapido101 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm selling off my unused Sage, Orvis and T&T custom rods. Email for pictures

1. Sage Fly Rod 590-4 ZXL 5 wt. 9’ 4 piece
This custom-built rod was used for one day and is absolutely as new. The factory charges $675 for this rod, and uses inferior guides, grip and seat! I'm asking $499.
Components:
· Sage TXL 5 wt. 9’ 4 piece blank
· Struble Reverse Half Wells cork grip, inletted for the matching seat – the best.
* Struble uplocking nickel silver U-8 reel seat with cocobolo spacer – the best.
· Black chromium single foot guides – lighter weight than factory.
· Wrapped with dark bronze Gudebrod ‘A’ thread; finished with two coats of Flex Coat Lite
· Hook keeper
Please note: Builder’s initials are on the rod; no sock or tube included.

2. Sage Fly Rod 890-4 TCX
This custom-built rod is Brand New - never even seen a reel – using the best components money can buy. Ready to ship! The factory charges $815 for this rod, and uses inferior guides, grip and seat! I'm asking $599.

Components:
· Sage TCX 8 wt. 9’ 4 piece blank
· Struble Full Wells cork grip, inletted for the matching seat – the best.
· Struble green anodized uplocking aluminum U-15HG reel seat – the best.
· Fuji religious single foot guides and strippers – lighter weight than factory; corrosion-proof. These cost over $50 alone! THE BEST!
· Wrapped with green Gudebrod ‘A’ thread; finished with two coats of Flex Coat Lite
· Fuji folding Hook keeper

Please note: One wrapping on a casting guide is slightly lighter in color than the other; please see picture. Builder’s initials are on the rod; no sock or tube included.

3. Sage Fly Rod 3710-3 TXL NEW

This custom-built rod is Brand New - never even seen a reel. The factory charges $565 for this rod, and uses inferior guides, grip and seat! I'm asking $449
Components:
· Sage TXL 3 wt. 7’10” 3 piece blank
· Struble Cigar cork grip, inletted for the matching seat – the best.
· Struble uplocking U-8 nickel silver reel seat w/birdseye maple spacer– the best.
· Chromium single foot guides and strippers – lighter weight than factory.
· Wrapped with yellow Gudebrod ‘A’ thread; finished with two coats of Flex Coat Lite. Finish and thread are so delicate as to be almost transparent!

Please note: One wrapping on a casting guide is slightly lighter in color than the other; please see picture. Builder’s initials are on the rod; no sock or tube included.

Return to “For Sale”