Hello from Los Angeles via Massachusetts

Welcome to California Fly Fisher's community message board. Before posting, please click register in the section above to create a user profile, then log in. When posting, be courteous of course to the other users of this board. Also, if you have suggestions for new discussion categories, or have questions about this message board, post your thoughts here. And if you have questions regarding some of the special features that this board gives its users, click on the "FAQ" button above.

Enjoy!
cluster
Antispam: No
Choose the middle number: 4

Hello from Los Angeles via Massachusetts

Postby cluster » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Hey Guys,

Just found this forum. I'm an avid fly fisherman who relocated to Los Angeles this past August. Haven't gotten out fishing since July when I visited some friends on a tributary of the Columbia river in Oregon. Beautiful water up there... picked up 8+ wild fish in less than an hour! I'm looking forward to getting my license and exploring some of the water around LA this spring. I know it isn't the best climate for trout fishing. I'm willing to try for other species I suppose...

I've heard things about streams not too far from here that I'm looking forward to checking out... hope to see some of you on the water in the future.

John P.

Re: Hello from Los Angeles via Massachusetts

Postby John P. » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:13 am

Welcome to SoCal from another Massachusetts transplant. The good news is there is trout fishing in our area, and it can be excellent at times. As for locations, I guess the best piece of advice I can offer is to visit a local fly shop and pick their brains for information on local trout streams. You might also consider joining a fly fishing club. It's a great way to meet others who would be willing to join you for an outing and show you the ropes. If you haven't tried it yet, surf fishing is another good option in our area. Hitting the beach for corbina, perch or whatever will grab your fly is a nice alternative to trout fishing I've found. Have fun exploring...

Regards,
John

eshall

Re: Hello from Los Angeles via Massachusetts

Postby eshall » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:34 am

very nice post i like it
Cut down your exam stressExamCollection JN0-102 exam and high CISCO and testking mcdst demos. We provide University of Colorado at Boulder questions with 100% pass guarantee Amridge University.

Return to “Welcome!”