San Diego Bay Bonefish

It's tough, even dangerous...and fun
GMann

San Diego Bay Bonefish

Postby GMann » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:35 am

I have heard a lot of talk recently of bonefish in San Diego bay and I have seen some pictures too. Can anyone tell me if they have caught one on a flyrod out there and if there is enough of a population to target them? What type of flies?

Thanks

K.Hanley
Choose the middle number: 1

Re: San Diego Bay Bonefish

Postby K.Hanley » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:43 am

Hi G,
I was down on San Diego Bay during May 19-21. Had a great time catching bones, bass, and bonito. I would suggest you contact Peter Piconi since this is his specialty. :P His contact info is; So Cal Fly Fishing Outfitters (619)224-4000
Cheers, Ken

GMann

Postby GMann » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks for the tip Ken! Saw some pics from So Cal Flyfishing Outfitters on the web and he definately looks like the guy to contact!

newport
Antispam: No
Choose the middle number: 4

Postby newport » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:23 pm

GMann wrote:San Diego Hard Rock HotelLa Jolla Beach and Tennis ClubUS Grant Hotel
Thanks for the tip Ken! Saw some pics from So Cal Flyfishing Outfitters on the web and he definately looks like the guy to contact!

Peter Piconi is DEFINITELY THE MAN!!!!!!!!
Hook it!
Ivy Hotel

trose

Postby trose » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:48 pm

newport wrote:
GMann wrote:San Diego Hard Rock HotelLa Jolla Beach and Tennis ClubUS Grant Hotel

Thats for sure.
and San Diego Bay is great for that!

Las Vegas hotel deals
vegas hotel reservations

JohnMilisitz

Postby JohnMilisitz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 am

newport wrote:
GMann wrote:
[url=http://]http://[/url] - http://www. - http://www.

San Diego is the best fishing town. I had so much fun there. The best place is to fish under the bridges in the bay!
Last edited by JohnMilisitz on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

newport

Postby newport » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:23 am

JohnMilisitz wrote:newport wrote:
GMann wrote:
Beach Hotels San Diego - Hotel San Diego
San Diego is the best fishing town. I had so much fun there. The best place is to fish under the bridges in the bay!

JohnMilisitz

Postby JohnMilisitz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

K.Hanley wrote:Hi G,
I was down on San Diego Bay during May 19-21. Had a great time catching bones, bass, and bonito. I would suggest you contact Peter Piconi since this is his specialty. :P His contact info is; So Cal Fly Fishing Outfitters (619)224-4000 The Mission Bay Hotels are awesome. They are right on the water.
Cheers, Ken

Thanks for the advice. I am going to go fishing there and stay at the Hilton on the water. So excited.

trose

Postby trose » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:51 am

I'm looking to do a bunch of fishing this summer down at the bay, and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good San Diego Vacation Rentals or a San Diego Hotel that does extended stay near the water? I've heard great things about the bay, just as you reported, and hope to get some fishing done there. Thanks!

Return to “Saltwater”