Oakdale, Ca

In other words, north of, oh, Visalia
badog65
Choose the middle number: 1

Oakdale, Ca

Postby badog65 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:07 pm

Hi , Iam a new member and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been spin fishing for the last 10 years and mainly fish the stanislaus and tuolomne rivers, and along the sonora pass and lee vining areas. Went to the Tetons with a friend of mine for a week trip, and had a chance to go on a guided trip on the green river. Had a great time, I have hit turlock inlet a few times since then and nailed some great trout. I am planning on getting a redington out fit from the fly shop in Modesto in the next couple of weeks. I really enjoy fly fishing and am suprised that you can catch fish as a beginner!!. looking forward to sept, oct and nov camping trips and thinning crowds! Anyway I am having a great time and enjoying the forum :D

Dave

Richard
Site Admin

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:57 am

Dave, welcome! As someone who grew up in Long Barn, on Hwy 108, I've fished many of the same waters you've been hitting. The MF Stan was one of my particular favorites during autumn. You're lucky to live where you do.

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:09 pm

Dave: Have you fished Sand Bar Flat recently? I used to fish it relentlesly but haven't been there in a couple of years.

Rocky

Local fly fishing may help you

Postby Rocky » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:46 pm

There is a club close to you called the Mother Lode Flyfishers. You can find more information on them through the Mother Lode Fly Shop in Sonora.
Rocky

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit ina boat and drink beer all day. :)

Return to “Northern California”