FF spots for trout, small mouth, beach in so cal?

Fishing opportunities in SoCal and up 395 to Mammoth
flytop
Antispam: No
Choose the middle number: 4

FF spots for trout, small mouth, beach in so cal?

Postby flytop » Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 am

Hello everyone,
Just recently relocated down to North county San Diego from Seattle Wa. I am missing my evening excursions to the local streams to catch fish on the fly! I live pretty close to big bear lake, mammoth mtn area. Appreciate if anyone could provide a tip or two on where the FF hotspots are for stream, lake and beach.

Cheers all.

Dryrod

Re: FF spots for trout, small mouth, beach in so cal?

Postby Dryrod » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:15 am

:D Hi there Flytop I hear where you are coming from. Having lived in Woodinville , Wa I know what a luxury it was to have a river just 15 to 30 minutes from one's door step. Re your question there is the Santa Ana River off of Hwy # 18. Then there are the west & east forks of the San Gabriel River. If you don't mind a driving trip, I loved fishing the Eastern Sierras out of Bishop. [/size]

Skyler

Postby Skyler » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Dryrod wrote::D Hi there Flytop I hear where you are coming from. Having lived in Woodinville , Wa I know what a luxury it was to have a river just 15 to 30 minutes from one's door step. Re your question there is the Santa Ana River off of Hwy # 18. Then there are the west & east forks of the San Gabriel River. If you don't mind a driving trip, I loved fishing the Eastern Sierras out of Bishop. [/size]

Actually, the Santa Ana is off the 38, not the 18, though the 18 eventually hits the 38 in big bear. There are a few spots down around you in SD, but they are barbless artificial only. I'm new here on this forum, so I don't know what is crossing the line as for sharing spots publicly, but if you PM me I'd be happy to help you out. I was born and raised in the area, and know at least 30 fishable creeks within an hour or so.
To know others is knowlege,
To know one's self is wisdom.
-Lao Tzu

Dryrod

Postby Dryrod » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:23 pm

:oops: Meant to say # 38.

Return to “Southern California”