December 2010

Here's where you can discuss or otherwise comment upon stories that appear in California Fly Fisher magazine.
fishtricity
Antispam: No
Choose the middle number: 4

December 2010

Postby fishtricity » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:26 pm

I was snowboarding at Tahoe this past weekend and stumbled up Ace Mountain Hardware in Truckee. I bought my first copy of California Fly Fisher and was really surprised at the quality of the writing.

I especially liked "Yosemite Creek" by John Parmenter. The article on Nelson Rossig written by Conrad Calimpong was also great.

The "Extreme Distance" article didn't interest me personally since I usually make short casts.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more information on fishing considerations in winter. There was the SoCal fishing article for Winter. However, I live further north. I want to learn more about fishing the Truckee or any other river in winter. Details on access points would be highly appreciated. I know that other places are open in the winter and I would like first-hand reports on these experiences, written for the average fisherman, not a asbestos expert angler.

Return to “Cal Fly Fisher: Its Articles”