Jim Zech Confluences

Here's where you can discuss or otherwise comment upon stories that appear in California Fly Fisher magazine.
Robert Ketley
Choose the middle number: 1

Jim Zech Confluences

Postby Robert Ketley » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:22 am

I enjoyed reading the confluences piece on Jim Zech in the latest issue. His comments on how he deals with the angst of how we are !@#$%^& up the environment rang true for me, too. I take a slightly shorter timescale perspective, though. Apparently, all concrete structures dissolve within 10,000 years. As such, most of our visible impact on the planet will be gone in a geologic flash. It's strangely consoling to realize we are little more than a curable STD on the planet :)
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Bud
Site Admin
Antispam: No
Choose the middle number: 4

Re: Jim Zech Confluences

Postby Bud » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:58 am

Robert Ketley wrote:I enjoyed reading the confluences piece on Jim Zech in the latest issue.

Rob--

It was even more fun doing it. Afterward, Jim suggested we invent a fictitious California angler and "interview" him. Somebody like "Bob Tetley," perhaps, or "Broddrick Speyed-Green," or "Rafe Sawyer." Richard almost went for it. 8)

--Bud
Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. And inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
--Marx (Groucho)

Robert Ketley
Choose the middle number: 1

Postby Robert Ketley » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:03 pm

Afterward, Jim suggested we invent a fictitious California angler and "interview" him.

I don't think Richard has fished in ages. Maybe he could be a candidate :)
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

alton
Antispam: No
Choose the middle number: 4

Re: Jim Zech Confluences

Postby alton » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:42 am

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :roll: :P

Return to “Cal Fly Fisher: Its Articles”